Friday, February 10, 2023

Wk 5: Final Project Update

    Hey, everyone! So far the start to my final project started a little slow. I was in the Grenville group so for the first few weeks I took priority in doing research for our group research excursion. Now, that we have already presented though, I am slowly starting to pick back up on my research. 

    For the final project I decided to stick with option number two and research the Zamorano Printing Press. As I am getting into the research, I have had a difficult time actually finding information about the press. I have yet to found the right key words to use since most of my results are offering my articles written by someone named Zamorano instead of about the actual press itself. Even when I am searching on the internet through google, I am not getting much results. Most of the results so far are about the Zamorano 80, which, as little that I know about them, are a group of people that are almost like an exclusive book club. But, they don't seem to really be related to the Zamorano press as far as I can tell. 

    In my search I have found an article discussing the early history of journalism in California, which has proven to be the best and most informative article so far, a vague website on the Zamorano press, and a long Youtube video about the press. The article has some very good specific information I know I will be able to use, and I have yet to look at the Youtube video, but it seems to be very promising so far. 

    Since I am having trouble with the research I decided to make an appointment with Kelci next week, which I am sure will prove fruitful in my search for sources.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Monique! Sounds like you are working hard on this project-- awesome job! Ugh, I know how frustrating it can be when you can't seem to find sources for what you are looking for. I am glad you were able to find that article and the YouTube video! I hope they are both helpful. Can't wait to hear about how your meeting with Kelci goes-- I'm sure that will be a great source!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monique! I'm so sorry you're having trouble finding good sources! I haven't even started researching for my project, but you're convincing me that I maybe should in case I also run into difficulties. It's interesting to me that one of the most promising sources so far seem to be a YouTube video. If it ends up being good, maybe you could add a snippet of it to your presentation for a fun interactive element!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monique! I agree, finding sources of substance is very difficult. I couldn't find any on my own to be honest. I suggest researching the region your printing press is from. I'm glad you're made an appointment with Kelci. I had an appointment with Kelci earlier and it was extremely helpful. I hope you gain from your appointment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monique! It is always so frustrating when you can't find any good sources. I'm worried that this is going to happen to me so this was good motivation to start my research sooner rather than later. Good luck, and I think Kelci will be really helpful to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monique! It's so good to hear that you've made so much progress and that you're taking so many active steps towards your research! Your appointment with Kelci will help so much! The article about the history of journalism in California sounds incredible! I'm also researching a printing press, so I'll definitely try to switch up my key word search and look for the history of journalism in Japan

    ReplyDelete

Wk. 10: Pachinko Lessons

  After finishing Pachinko I think one of the main reasons that Min Jin Lee wrote this novel was both to expose people do Korean history and...